You’ve never camped. Or, you’ve camped…back when you were a kid. Now you want to go. So, let’s go.
Let’s help you get out there. And, not just get out there, but get out there right. There are things to know. There are things to buy. This course guides you to doing it the right way the first time. We’ve got 40 years of trial and error that you can use as your launch pad. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but what you do need to buy will be built to last, will keep you dry and warm, and will keep you going again and again.
Areas of focus:
- Essential equipment needed
- Why we depend on the gear we do
- Gear you don’t need
- Gear that brings comfort and convenience
- How to plan a trip that you will enjoy
- What to know about the weather
- Camping safety
- The proper first aid kit
- Camping with a family
- Camping solo
- Navigation basics (map reading)
- Food planning and preparation
- Building a bonfire and bonfire safety
- How to do your business in the woods
- The basics of packing a vehicle
and much more…
We will meet at a designated location in Arizona and hold class outdoors at 10AM. We will discuss key points, show and tell gear and equipment, demonstrate set-up, usage, and take-down. We will break for lunch and then resume discussion of key points. At 3PM, we will open up opportunities for question and answer discussion. The class will end at 4PM.
Note: This course is not yet available. Get notified when courses become available here.
On-location in person
10 spaces total
Minimum of 7 needed to hold event.
Difficulty Rating: D1
6-hour class on-location
Gear and prep checklist
Discount offers from our partners
Supplies necessary to complete course.
Transportation to and from event
Equipment and Gear